Call for votes re new member for the Technical Committee

Ian Jackson writes ("New member for the Technical Committee - formal proposal"):
> In two weeks' time (say, 2013-11-21 14:00Z) I will call for a vote
> on all of the names put forward by TC members.

Sorry about the delay.

Here is the final resolution.  I hereby call for a vote.  There are
three options: Packard, Kern and FD.

   Intro, common to all non-FD options:

   1. The Technical Committee thanks all the candidates who put
      themselves forward for the vacant TC seat.

   2. We appreciate the opportunity to select from a strong field of
      candidates.

   Option Packard:

   3. We propose to the DPL that Keith Packard should be appointed
      to the TC.  (Constitution 6.2(2))

   Option Kern:

   4. We propose to the DPL that Philipp Kern should be appointed
      to the TC.  (Constitution 6.2(2))