Re: FTP masters willingly blocking OpenStack nova 2013.1 just right before the OpenStack summit

Thomas Goirand writes ("Re: FTP masters willingly blocking OpenStack nova 2013.1 just right before the OpenStack summit"):
> I did ask Ansgar on IRC, but got no answer. Though not recently, after
> others have voiced their support.

I don't think "others ... [voicing] their support" is really the key
thing here.  Technical decisions like this will be made for technical
reasons, not by counting supporters etc.

> > But I would advise you to not bring the issue to the -ctte as long as
> > communication with ftpmasters is happening and as long as forward progress
> > is being made.
>
> I believe it was stalled, which is why I asked for advices.

If you think the conversation is stalled and cannot be restarted then
a referral to the TC is appropriate.

But:

> > I would also suggest you to step down in the communication with ftpmasters
> > and leave it up to someone else on the Openstack team, someone that is
> > less emotionnaly engaged than you.
>
> That is probably a good advice, though I'm the one who does most of the
> work and who need to upload.

Yes, please, get someone else to act as driver for this issue if you
can.  You are of course entitled yourself to escalate to the TC, but
we'll probably get a more constructive discussion if you try to keep
out of it.

If you and your collaborators think the conversation with ftpmaster is
essentially over, and want to escalate to the TC, we'd appreciate it
if you could follow the process here:
  http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte
That will make it easier to keep track of the discussion (and if you
follow that process we won't have to do the bug gardening and
forum-shifting ourselves).

Thanks,