Re: Next CTTE meeting is at date -d 'September 27 2012 17:00 UTC' on #debian-ctte on irc.debian.org

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Just a reminder that the next CTTE meeting is at
> date -d 'September 27 2012 17:00 UTC'.
>
> The current agenda is located here:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/debian-ctte.git;a=blob_plain;f=meetings/agenda.txt;hb=HEAD
> please update and/or add agenda items as appropriate.

Logs from the meeting are available here:

http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-ctte/2012/debian-ctte.2012-09-27-16.59.log.html

Agenda:

http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-ctte/2012/debian-ctte.2012-09-27-16.59.html

====================
#debian-ctte Meeting
====================

Meeting started by dondelelcaro at 16:59:15 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-ctte/2012/debian-ctte.2012-09-27-16.59.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Who is here?  (dondelelcaro, 16:59:46)

* Next Meeting?  (dondelelcaro, 17:02:49)
  * AGREED: Next meeting is at date -d 'Thursday October 25 2012 17:00
    UTC'  (dondelelcaro, 17:05:03)

* #573745 python maintainer  (dondelelcaro, 17:05:49)
  * ACTION: dondelelcaro to change formatting and then send it out to
    the list for more complete discussion before calling for votes
    (dondelelcaro, 17:12:17)

* #636783 super-majority conflict;  (dondelelcaro, 17:12:35)
  * ACTION: diziet to actually press on as discussed  (Diziet, 17:15:05)

* #681419 Depends: foo | foo-nonfree  (dondelelcaro, 17:15:38)
  * ACTION: cjwatson to draft up a resolution to ##681419 alternatives
    on non-free are ok, and virtual packages are required
    (dondelelcaro, 17:22:37)
  * ACTION: Diziet to respond to cjwatson's draft  (Diziet, 17:24:22)

* #685795 New ctte member  (dondelelcaro, 17:24:28)
  * ACTION: bdale to confirm that non-self nominees wish to serve
    (dondelelcaro, 17:43:19)
  * ACTION: dondelelcaro to draft announcement mail thank the list of
    nominees for stepping forward, say we're starting private
    deliberations, and welcome commentary to a private TC address
    (dondelelcaro, 17:43:45)
  * ACTION: Diziet to propose selection criteria on -ctte  (Diziet,
    17:48:03)

* #688772 gnome Depends on network-manager-gnome  (dondelelcaro,
  17:48:08)
  * ACTION: follow this up with the gnome maintainers to get a clear
    argument from the GNOME maintainers about why this *must* be a
    depends and not a recommends  (dondelelcaro, 18:08:46)
  * ACTION: dondelelcaro to follow this up with the gnome maintainers to
    get a clear argument from the GNOME maintainers about why this
    *must* be a depends and not a recommends  (dondelelcaro, 18:08:51)

* Additional Business  (dondelelcaro, 18:11:45)
  * ACTION: dondelelcaro to shove calendar into git and serve using
    ical-able linkage  (dondelelcaro, 18:14:55)

Meeting ended at 18:16:04 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* dondelelcaro to change formatting and then send it out to the list for
  more complete discussion before calling for votes
* diziet to actually press on as discussed
* cjwatson to draft up a resolution to ##681419 alternatives on non-free
  are ok, and virtual packages are required
* Diziet to respond to cjwatson's draft
* bdale to confirm that non-self nominees wish to serve
* dondelelcaro to draft announcement mail thank the list of nominees for
  stepping forward, say we're starting private deliberations, and
  welcome commentary to a private TC address
* Diziet to propose selection criteria on -ctte
* dondelelcaro to follow this up with the gnome maintainers to get a
  clear argument from the GNOME maintainers about why this *must* be a
  depends and not a recommends
* dondelelcaro to shove calendar into git and serve using ical-able
  linkage

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* bdale
  * bdale to confirm that non-self nominees wish to serve
* cjwatson
  * cjwatson to draft up a resolution to ##681419 alternatives on
    non-free are ok, and virtual packages are required
  * Diziet to respond to cjwatson's draft
* Diziet
  * Diziet to respond to cjwatson's draft
  * Diziet to propose selection criteria on -ctte
  * diziet to actually press on as discussed
* dondelelcaro
  * dondelelcaro to change formatting and then send it out to the list
    for more complete discussion before calling for votes
  * dondelelcaro to draft announcement mail thank the list of nominees
    for stepping forward, say we're starting private deliberations, and
    welcome commentary to a private TC address
  * dondelelcaro to follow this up with the gnome maintainers to get a
    clear argument from the GNOME maintainers about why this *must* be a
    depends and not a recommends
  * dondelelcaro to shove calendar into git and serve using ical-able
    linkage

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* Diziet (142)
* dondelelcaro (104)
* bdale (93)
* rra (70)
* cjwatson (56)
* vorlon (46)
* jcristau (15)
* MeetBot (3)
* waldi (2)
* KiBi (2)
* aba (0)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot

Don Armstrong

--
What I can't stand is the feeling that my brain is leaving me for
someone more interesting.