Re: Please do not unblock gnome-meta just yet

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 15:51:17 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> As you may be aware, the TC recently overruled the maintainers of the
> gnome-core metapackage, deciding that the dependency from gnome-core
> to network-manager should be weakened from Depends to Recommends.
> (The full TC decision is reproduced below.)

> meta-gnome in which the gnome-core package Recommends
> network-manager-gnome, as required.  However, additionally, they have
> reintroduced a dependency from gnome to network-manager-gnome, as
> Depends.  See the changes info, also below.
>
> The Release Team should be aware that our request to unblock the
> update to meta-gnome implementing the TC decision does not extend to
> this latter change to meta-gnome.

The TC decision didn't say anything about the gnome metapackage AFAICT.
You're welcome to try and get the gnome maintainers to revert that other
change, or go to the TC to get them overruled again, but I don't think
this is any of the release team's business at this point.  Moreover, the
current gnome-core package in wheezy depends on network-manager-gnome,
so not unblocking 1:3.4+2 doesn't seem to help you in any case.

So I've added an unblock hint for meta-gnome3/1:3.4+2.

Cheers,
Julien