Re: tech-ctte: please help maintainers of packages with a "node" command to have a reasonable conversation

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 07:58:59PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 04:23:21PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> >> Best of luck.  You know they've been asked twice before (once for Fedora,
> >> once for Debian), right?

> > No, didn't know that.  Were these requests public, or can you tell me what
> > the upstream response was?

> Sorry for the slow reply.  The upstream response was what you'd expect
> given that the requests were for the command to be renamed instead of a
> synonym added. :)

> http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs/browse_thread/thread/7c5e714acb37dade
> http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs/browse_thread/thread/12a673a14838aa9a

Thanks.  That doesn't give me high hopes that upstream is going to be more
reasonable about this a year and a half on than they were when it was
brought up before ("the problems Debian has weaved itself into", hmph, as if
this is our doing rather than his), but we shall see.