Re: draft ballot: please rule on how to implement debian/rules build-arch

Quoting Bdale Garbee (bdale@gag.com):
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:36:14 +0100, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> > > - Lintian doesn't warn about missing build-* targets yet, so many
> > > maintainers are not aware that their package are affected by this issue.
> >
> > Is this still true ?
>
> No.  Lintian has been warning me about the missing targets .. I'm not
> sure when that changed, but I believe it's doing the right things now.

And, as a Stupid And Clueless Maintainer, I have to say that, up to
now, I just blindly adopted what lintian suggested to me....assuming
that Those Who Know know what they're doing and that adding these
target is What Should Be Done...:-)

Or, even more simpler, I try to use dh7-style minimal rules files and
let debhelper handle all the magic..:-)

Still, nearly each package of mine I worked on recently had the
"issue" of not having build-arch and build-any, so I suspect this is
the case for many pkgs in the archive.