Re: draft ballot: please rule on how to implement debian/rules build-arch

Guillem Jover writes ("Re: draft ballot: please rule on how to implement debian/rules build-arch"):
> In the thread in debian-policy I also proposed [0] another small variation
> for this, which would imply a two stage transition, reducing the immediate
> simultaneous FTBFS. Jakub Wilk provided numbers [1] for the possible FTBFS
> on the non-staged scenario.
> [0] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2011/06/msg00026.html>
> [1] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2011/06/msg00018.html>

Thanks.  In [1] you say:

> - Lintian doesn't warn about missing build-* targets yet, so many
> maintainers are not aware that their package are affected by this issue.

Is this still true ?  If so I think we should definitely fix this
right away.  No matter what the eventual transition plan is, we
definitely want this to be at least a Lintian warning.  So a change to
Lintian now to warn about this situation is a no-brainer I think.