Re: Orphan packages

>> There was (he doesn't maintain anything now) a maintainer who uploaded
>> his packages using me (and some other DDs) as a sponsor [4].

>> Not long ago he had a conflict with ftp-team [1].  As a result one  of
>> his packages was removed from Debian [2] and Ubuntu [3].   It  becomes
>> clear that he disagrees with DFSG. So I've asked him to orphan all his
>> packages.  He said that he wouldn't do anything and he confirmed again
>> that he disagrees with DFSG totally.

>> I think that all his packages should be orphaned. Could You do that?

>> 1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610257
>> 2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610300
>> 3. https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/141763
>> 4. http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=ivan1986@list.ru

SL> You say that Ivan is no longer maintaining any of these packages.  It seems
SL> to me that these packages are therefore already de facto orphaned, and there
SL> is no dispute here that needs the Technical Committee to rule.  Can you
SL> confirm that this is the case?

SL> If you are certain that Ivan is not interested in maintaining these
SL> packages, it's ok for you to orphan them directly by filing bugs against the
SL> 'wnpp' pseudopackage.

The key point is he disagrees DFSG.

He said that he could continue to maintain but he disagreed DFSG so
he wouldn't do anything to fix license issues etc. So I and the other
his sponsor (jackyf) don't want to check his packages: if a maintainer
disagrees Debian law it is no worth to check his job.

He also said that he doesn't use Debian anymore. Now he trolls in
debian-russian@ on the subject.

--

. ''`.                               Dmitry E. Oboukhov
: :’  :   email: unera@debian.org jabber://UNera@uvw.ru