Re: Couchdb package

Greetings all,

I got off the IRC horn with Paul Davis (davisp on IRC) earlier tonight about
this issue; he addressed some of my concerns and we talked through the other
stuff (some of which I simply "saw the light" on). I'm going to take out the
weight of text from this thread and put together what I'm planning on doing
based on this thread and my discussion with Paul.

The changes:
  - Split the existing package into three packages:

      couchdb
        /etc/init.d/couchdb
        /etc/default/couchdb
        /etc/logrotate.d/couchdb

      couchdb-bin
        everything else

    couchdb depends on couchdb-bin

  - Remove the $ENABLE_SERVER patch to the init script (deprecated).

However, addressing the piuparts init script issues and getting stable upgraded
is still my first (read: huge) priority. I'm hoping to have a patch this week
and will work on this splitting after that.

Also, I have a nagging feeling that we're giving our users enough rope to hang
themselves with, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Feel free to comment.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee