Re: Call for Votes (getaddrinfo)

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 07:51:37PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> This time can we _please_ try to get quorum ?  You must send in your
> vote within 7 days of me sending this message, for it to count, ie by
> approximately 2007-12-06 19:50 +0000.

Well, not much leeway here it seems.  FWIW, my vote on this resolution was
going to be:

 -8<-

 1. RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should not be applied to IPv4 addresses
    by Debian systems, and we DO overrule the maintainer.
 2. RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should not be applied to IPv6 addresses
    by Debian systems.  We do NOT overrule the maintainer.
 3. We recommend to the IETF that RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should be
    abolished for IPv4, and that it should be reconsidered for IPv6.

 -8<-

 -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 [2] Choice X: Do not use rule 9, overrule maintainer, etc., as above.
 [4] Choice S: Sort IPv4 addrs according to rule 9 in getaddrinfo
 [4] Choice M: Leave the choice up to the maintainers.
 [1] Choice F: Further discussion
 -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

which of course would have caused the resolution to fail supermajority.  But
given that I think the technical outcome on the package is the correct one,
this is fine and I'll just get back to working on a position statement to
the IETF.