Re: Call for Votes (getaddrinfo)

Ian Jackson writes ("Call for Votes (getaddrinfo)"):
>  -8<-
>
>  1. RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should not be applied to IPv4 addresses
>     by Debian systems, and we DO overrule the maintainer.
>  2. RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should not be applied to IPv6 addresses
>     by Debian systems.  We do NOT overrule the maintainer.
>  3. We recommend to the IETF that RFC3484 s6 rule 9 should be
>     abolished for IPv4, and that it should be reconsidered for IPv6.
>
>  -8<-
>
>  [ ] Choice X: Do not use rule 9, overrule maintainer, etc., as above.
>  [ ] Choice S: Sort IPv4 addrs according to rule 9 in getaddrinfo
>  [ ] Choice M: Leave the choice up to the maintainers.
>  [ ] Choice F: Further discussion

The following people appear to me to have voted as follows, within the
7-day period, which has just expired:

	X F S M		Ian, Manoj
	X F M S		Andi
	M F		AJ

F defeats S by 4:0, so S is eliminated.
F defeats M by 3:1, so M is eliminated.

The remaining non-default option is X.  It has a 3:1 supermajority
requirement.  X defeats F by 3:1, which is exactly sufficient.

Thus X wins and the resolution between -8<- above has been passed,
overruling the maintainer.