Re: mixmaster /etc/default/*

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 07:38:00PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Having read the bug report I don't think there is very much to be said
> > in favour of the submitter's point of view.
>
> This is exactly the sort of thing I think we should simply ignore rather
> than issue any sort of ruling on. It's simply not important enough to
> be an issue. ie, unless someone on the tech ctte wants to champion the
> submitter's cause, I think we should simply reassign the bug back to
> mixmaster and close it. Err, if it's actually been assigned to the ctte
> by now.

Deciding that an issue isn't important enough to make a decision
requires making some sort of decision. I don't think the CTTE has any
analogous process to a writ of certiorari,[1] so once an issue has
been refered to the CTTE by an individual the issue should be resolved
by considering the merits and making a decision.

I mean, the time consuming part of investigating the problem, writing
a summary, and resolving the issue has been taken care of already, so
you all might as well read the summary and vote accordingly.

Don Armstrong

1: And even if one was warranted, by framing a decision, Ian has
basically done just that.
--
Dropping non-free would set us back at least, what, 300 packages? It'd
take MONTHS to make up the difference, and meanwhile Debian users will

And what about SHAREHOLDER VALUE?
 -- Matt Zimmerman in <gYuD3D.A.ayC.nGB39@murphy>