Re: Re: ndiswrapper

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Raul Miller writes ("ndiswrapper"):
> > We have a release critical bug filed against ndiswrapper.
> > So, I'd like to propose that we issue an opinion that ndiswrapper
> > needs to be in contrib, to comply with debian policy.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> I agree.

I disagree. You already had that discussion and the discussion went
nowhere because the situation is not as clear cut as those 2 mails seem to
indicate.

You don't have a consensus within the TC.

I believe the only viable way to go forward is to redefine contrib in
clearer terms and as it seems to be quite a political issue, I suggest
to go for a GR to settle the issue once for all.

(And no I don't want to reopen the discussion to know if we need a free
NDIS driver or not to make ndiswrapper a *DFSG free software* acceptable for
main)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog