Re: Processed: Forwarding to the technical committee

On 10614 March 1977, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> In the face of such an aggressive upstream author with strong and
> controversial opinions about the GPL, forking may be a difficult
> option. Complete removal from Debian might be a better option, but I'd
> like some other opinions on this before we go to such lengths.

The only real big problem I have with this is that Imm not sure that there
is a complete replacement for cdrtools. Yes, there are other burning
applications, but consider the wide variant of systems, options and
whatnot those 3 programs, mkisofs & cdrecord & cdda2wav support. It
would be very bad to remove it forever and i dont know a complete
replacement.

--
bye Joerg