Re: testing committee email (and minor essay)

In article <[🔎] 20050317193418.Q32136@links.magenta.com> moth@debian.org writes:
>Blars objected, pointing out the tread
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2004/12/msg00000.html and indicating
>that we didn't solve that problem.  It's probably worth noting that that
>email message (and the responses) don't really identify any technical
>problem.  There are certainly technical issues (one machine has a problem
>with the volume of uploads), but most of the problem are organizational --
>which are outside our scope.

The claimed basis for not wanting my uploads were technical.  As they
didn't make sense to me, I do not feel it is my place to defend them.
Please ask James Troup to explain them.

>We probably should have advised him to contact the ftp site maintainers
>(I presume they're the right people).

The person doing the objecting to my uploads is also a ftp-master and
DSA.

>But to some degree he was already
>doing the right things, and we aren't really in any better position than
>any random maintainers to give answers to the sorts of questions he asked
>(about what he should and build, sign and upload).

So I'm right doing the uploads, but ftp-master can reject my uploads
administrativly using false technical reasons as the excuse?

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html