Re: Always ask for root passowrd twice, even on critical priority installs?

Hi,

        It is a good thing that the default is not to run debconf in
 critical mode, and thus people are asked for confirmations.

        However, it seems to me that the correct way to (re)set a
 password, which offers no visual feedback for the keystrokes entered,
 requires that the user confirm the password; especially since a
 typographical error would leave no way to get into the system
 normally. I do not think that these are two independent operations,
 and should not be treated as independent questions, one of which has
 a default.

        While  the critical priority dictates that questions are
 minimized; it does state that questions one needs to ask
 should still be asked.  Additionally, while brevity is desirable, it
 does not trump correct operation; and not confirming the password is
 not correct operation.

        manoj
--
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there. Will Rogers