Re: Our supermajority requirement has changed !

Raul Miller writes ("Re: Our supermajority requirement has changed !"):
> If X wants to minimize potential losses (and X has certain knowledge that
> no other votes will be cast), X should cooperate.

Oh, I forgot to say:

`Minimise potential losses' (ie, aim for the least bad worst case) is
one possible goal, but not the only one people aim for.  Other goals
(obviously) include maximising the potential gain (ie, aim for the
most excellent best case) and more complicated aims.  The one I was
implicitly assuming was maximising expected utility (which is why I
used the word `utility').