Re: Posting on the list [pasc@murphy.debian.org: Re: md5sum <FILE produces spurious ` -' in output]

Pascal Hakim writes ("Posting on the list [pasc@murphy.debian.org: Re: md5sum <FILE produces spurious ` -' in output]"):
> 	Back in Feb 2003, this list was turned into a subscribers-only
> list. This means that unless those people are subscribed, they won't be
> able to post.

This is to try to reduce the amount of spam.

> 	Based on some of the denied emails I've seen over the last few
> months, this has caused more confusion than good, and you guys might
> want to consider changing it back to at least a moderated list.

At least the denied emails get returned to the poster.  Does the error
message not indicate what's wrong ?

> 	This is specially the case when you are getting people to reply
> to the list.

I can see that it is inconvenient to have to subscribe to post, and
then to unsubscribe again when you stop being interested, but the
amount of spam that was coming through the list beforehand was making
life all but impossible.

<troll/ Now if we could run SAUCE on lists ... /