Re: RAV AntiVirus for Linux Mail Servers

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 08:24:35AM +0200, Radu GEORGESCU wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I know for a long time that Debian is one of the most used Linux
> distributions.
(...)

> As Linux market is growing fast, especially in the Internet Servers and Mail
> Servers, and
> As AntiVirus protection is more and more required at the Mail Server level
>
> I just want to purpose you to include RAV AntiVirus for Linux Mail Servers
> in your distribution, generating a lot of happy customers and some extra
> cash. We now have products for Sendmail, Qmail, Postfix, EXIM and CGPro (and
> working for a lot of new surprises). All RAV products have been tested on
> Debian distributions.

	Thank you for this information but, unfortunately, we cannot add
RAV Antivirus to the main distribution unless it follows the Debian Free
Software Guidelines (http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines).
	If RAV adheres to these guidelines you just have to point us to
where it can be downloaded so Debian developers can package it.

	If it does not, but the license does not limit redistribution, we
might consider including it into our (unsupported) non-free section.

	We would be grateful if you could provide us more information
regarding RAV's license so we can decide which appropach suites best.

	Thanks

	Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Peña
	Debian GNU/Linux developer