Re: request for Technical Committee ruling on Bug #109436

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> [1] We need to make sure the correct tarball is in place.
> [2] We need to make sure the incorrect tarball is removed.

That is what needs to be done.

The approach should be pretty simple:

1. upload a new tarball with a different name
2. remove the old one and all binaries generated from it

We can't just replace the tarball, since that would mean we have .dsc
files we can no longer unpack, and binaries generated from source we
no longer have.

This requires minimal effort on the archive maintainers, they just
need to remove a few files, the rest is done by the package maintainer
and the (auto)builders.

The only problem you will have is that there is a timeframe during
which there will be no binaries available for some architectures.
You can work around that by not manually removing the old versions
and waiting until they disappear automatically once the new version
is available for all architectures.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |