Re: Formal request for review: [Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>] Referring what kernel-images to build to the technical committee?

Sam Hartman writes ("Formal request for review: [Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>] Referring what kernel-images to build to the technical committee?"):
> Hi.  I posted the following message to debian-devel last night and
> have received agreement with the summary and apparently (it was not
> explicitly stated) with the committee as a forum from Craig and
> Herbert.  Thus I'd like to ask you to look at this issue.  There has
> been some other discussion in the thread that the following message
> starts and others have brought up some issues I did not cover in my
> summary.  I recommend reading this discussion.

This is just a note to say that yes, we got your mail.  Thanks for
doing that summary work, it'll be very helpful.  I know I'll want to
take some time to read all the relevant material, I'm sure the rest of
the committee will want to do so too.

> If there are any administrative hoops I need to jump through please
> let me know.

No, that's fine.  If there are any bug reports on this question which
any of the maintainers want rid of from their todo lists in the BTS,
they may if they like reassign them to the committee.

However, I see the committee doesn't have a pseudo-package in the BTS;
I think this is a mistake, and I've filed a bug (#95443) against
bugs.debian.org to fix it :-).