Re: Proposal: Bdale Garbee as a committee member

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 05:23:06PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> As Ben has pointed out, we've got two empty seats on the committee, and
> we might have more empty seats if some of our members are not going to
> be able to actively participate.
>
> I'd like to propose Bdale Garbee as a committee member.
>
> In addition to his Debian background, Bdale is familiar with BSD, and
> knows some of their approaches to distribution and problem solving.  Also,
> as a radio amateur and electronic equipment person he's comfortable with
> a different level of abstraction from your typical software developer.
>
> I think he'd make a good addition to the committee.

Thanks Raul. I'm not sure of the tech committee's process for coming to
a consensus on suggesting new members to the DPL (the constitution
doesn't seem to cover it specifically). If there's past precendence, let
me know. As for now, I'll just say that if there are no objections to
Raul's proposal by Monday evening sometime, then consider Bdale
officially accepted and appointed by me.

I'll make an official announcement when that time comes.

Thanks,
  Ben