Re: ping

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 11:59:50AM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > [2] Are there issues you think we should be
> > dealing with that we're not?
>
> I'm not sure. I don't quite understand how ctte got involved in the
> political debate over the secretaries actions.

The committee didn't, I did.

According to section 7.2 of the constitution:

   If there is no Project Secretary or the current Secretary is
   unavailable and has not delegated authority for a decision then the
   decision may be made or delegated by the Chairman of the Technical
   Committee, as Acting Secretary.

Now, it's just occurred to me that there's a constitutional interpretation
question here: does this mean that taking of votes is delegated to me
if the Secretary is unavailable (and it's starting to look like he is).
But, it would be up to me to interpret the constitution on this matter,
and so far all I've heard from the developers is that the vote taking
should be delegated to me.  [Taking another cue from the constitution:
interpretation should be in line with the opinions of the developers.]

I guess I ought to write or call Wichert.  [Ok, I just now wrote him, but
if anyone knows how to contact him by phone, could you pass on that info?]

Thanks,

--
Raul