Re: New section in potato?

[Forgive me, I know that this mail will bounce to all moderators of
debian-ctte and will not be distributed through the list since I'm not
registrated as moderator (I hope so...)].

J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 00:44:31 -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > Gnome is about 30-35 packages...  Should it have its own section as things
> > like tex have currently?
>
> I'd expect a project leader to look ahead (for the time when KDE will be
> suitable for main) and suggest a "Desktop" section intead. :-)

I feel that this is an issue the tech committee should at least think
about.  It covers the design of our ftp archive and future design of
sections.

The idea behind it is (btw. discussed on debian-devel) that potato
should get a new section desktop, gnome and/or kde (if kde will
become part of Debian again.).

Regards,

	Joey

--
Linux - the choice of a GNU generation

Please always Cc to me when answering on the lists.