Re: Speedup when using qemu to cross-build packages.

On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 08:36:57PM +0200, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
> Quoting Timo Röhling (2022-09-11 16:08:29)
> > * Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues <josch@debian.org> [2022-09-08 13:31]:
> qa.debian.org/developer.php can have columns that are hidden by default. Maybe
> that would be a good fit for now?

I work on $making-packages-cross-buildable once in every few weeks, and I also
aggressively try to make 'NEW' packages cross-build, which ofcourse 'can' be
cross-built (i.e. depending on things that don't have FTCBFS problems themselves or things
that cause others to not cross-build properly, et. al.)

Since I am involved with a few maintainer teams in debian (math, med, science, etc) and I
work mainly on packages maintained there, and it
is almost always a huge pain to keep checking states for so many packages, and I end
up doing atleast a couple of dozen of such crossqa.d.n hits to find something to work
on, which is not a useful way to spend time.

So yes, if a column could be introduced on qa.d.o/developer.php, it'll help reduce those
searches. Sure, it might still take time to find sensible targets to work on -- but it'd
likely be a bit less than doing so manually for bunch of packages.

--
Best,
Nilesh