RE: Dependencies of linux-headers-<arch> packages

Hi Helmut,

In general I agree, but here the situation is a bit different:
The dependency to the host compiler (e.g. arm64) is too narrow.
In general, any gcc compiler in the correct version should do.

As discussed earlier the linux-headers -> compiler dependency is just a convenience dep.
I proposed to remove it or move it to the "recommends" section.
But the proposed solution might be better as it maintains backwards compatibility.

For users that just want to cross-compile a module, there is simply no reason why the have to install the compiler for the host architecture (e.g. arm64).
And this use-case is perfectly solved in the patch from Ben.

Felix