Re: flex is no longer M-A:foreign

On Tue, Feb 09 2016, Helmut Grohne wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 05:21:57PM -0800, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         So an update on tyhe archive rebuild front. Our archive rebuild
>>  infrastructure is currently undergoing maintenance (moving to a
>>  different AWS account, and presumably with new IAM roles and such), so
>>  it might not be available immediately for an archive rebuild.

> With kind help from Mattia Rizzolo, I also have some news. The
> reproducible database knows how long packages tend to build. So
> rebuilding those 500 packages on reproducible infrastructure would take
> about two weeks. I wondered how much those various gcc* contribute and
> it's about 2.5 days. Note that reproducible is building parallel.

> Then debomatic-amd64.debian.net has a commands interface where you can
> say:

>     builddep ${PKG}_${VER} experimental flex (>= 2.6.0-5)

> Though making debomatic busy for more than two weeks (it's slower than
> reproducible) could be considered denial of service.

> Manoj, could you maybe turn libfl-dev back M-A:same in unstable? That
> marking still is correct. The current markings make it impossible to
> cross build pam even after changing B-D to "flex:native, libfl-dev",
> because flex:arch1 and libfl-dev:arch2 are never coinstallable without
> M-A:same there.

        Done.

	So, the options are:
 1. Wait for the archive-rebuild transition on AWS to complete
 2. Go with Helmut’s patch
 3. push the experimental flex to unstable, potentially breaking {0,
    500} packages. Hopefully skewing towards the lower end.

        I favour 1 or 2; and which one to choose depends on the urgency
 of the cross-build goal.

        manoj
--
Lack of skill dictates economy of style. Joey Ramone
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C