Re: flex is no longer M-A:foreign

On Mon, Feb 08 2016, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 08 2016, Wookey wrote:
>
>> +++ Helmut Grohne [2016-02-08 20:10 +0100]:
>
>         I have now upload flex-2.6.0-5 to experimental, and asked on
>  #debian-qa for the credentials to run a partial archive rebuild. Once
>  #the rebuild is done, we’ll have a better idea of the scope of the
>  problem, and whether it is better to just have people install libfl-dev
>  whenever they need flex, or not. I am not wedded  to my approach yet, I
>  just wanted some more numbers.
>
> 	Apart from Helmut, and I, which have opinions on the two
>  approaches, does anyone else care to weigh in?

        So an update on tyhe archive rebuild front. Our archive rebuild
 infrastructure is currently undergoing maintenance (moving to a
 different AWS account, and presumably with new IAM roles and such), so
 it might not be available immediately for an archive rebuild.

        So we have again, the two choices, with Helmut’s plan having
 the advantage of not requiring the archive rebuild, and the expense of
 essentially bundling the libfl-dev back into flex (where it had lived
 for the longest time until we split it), or having cross compilation
 broken while we weigh our options.

        I think I might brush off that old patch this weekend, and apply
 it to flex, and upload.

        manoj
--
"Nuclear war would really set back cable." Ted Turner
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C