Re: open source Solution for Active Directory Services

Hello Satya!

> I want to know the open source solution for Windows Active directory
> Services (ADS).
First I want to know whether you need ADS? How many person working at this
server?
In the company of my parents there are 4 employers and I use the the
smpasswd file because it is enough.

> My primary Goal is to set up a Linux box having Directory where all other
> mix of Windows and Linux client will join to this domain. Most of the
> client
> machines would be windows xp.
I am the only one how using Linux as Desktop. And i can mount the things I
need. And they have a PDC.

> I have already googled for this requirement and understood that it can be
> done with Open LDAP and Samba, but I would love here the experience of the
> people who have already implemented this solution.
But on samba.org there are good documentations especially for ADS

> Can someone please suggest me a open source solution or detailed document
> how to go about?
Not with LDAP

CU

  Michael

--
           Michael Ott, e-mail: michael@zolnott.de, www.zolnott.de

Ooohhh die Kunst wabert so übers Wasser um letztendlich im Schilfdickicht
am Ufer von einer dicken Kröte verschlugen zu werden (M. Weingart)