"Linux ins Rathaus" - Linux for german city administration

Hi,

(I'm posting to both debian-project and debian-consultants, because
consultants seems to be quite dead, and I don't even know if it would be
the right list. And I'm not subsribed to any of them - I hope the
Mail-Followup-To does the trick.)

A political party of which I'm a member of wants to start a campaign in
order to convince the city's administration to switch to Linux. I am not
involved in this yet, but would like to help them if possible. And it
would be nice if Debian GNU/Linux would get a chance, too.

Therefore I would be glad to hear whether any towns in Europe have yet
done the switch and chosen Debian for that.

And for sure some commercial support would be needed - does anybody know
of a company that could give support for a Debian-bases system for an
administration? Since I live in Freiburg, Germany, not only german
companies come into question, but also companies from Switzerland or
northeast France.

Thanks in advance, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie