Re: status of debian-consultants mailing list

> 	Since when has Debian made technical decisions by voting? And
>  this is a technical decision: when a mailing list falls into disuse
>  (based on numbers of on topic mail messages), we remove the mailing
>  list.

Don't you think that people would unsub from the list if they were not
interested in it? I've purposely stayed on this list in case topics
did come up on it despite the fact that it seemed dead. It only takes
a few interesting topics and hey you have a live list again.

Personally I don't believe that it is a technical decision. IME for
moderate values of N there's no extra admin involved in N+1 lists,
than there is for N, therefore it should be of no interested to the
list admins to have a list removed.

In any lack of use is not necessarily a valid reason: would you remove
your swap partition if it was not used for a year?

> 	This is precisely the kind of decision that we have list
>  masters for.

In this case please note that the list is now being used and therefore
does not need to be removed.

Now, shall we talk about Debian?

--
Richard Watson