Re: status of debian-consultants mailing list

Hi,

        There has been all this talk recently about how useful this
 list supposedly is. How do you reconile these tesimonials with the
 fact 5that there was no on topic email here of a whole *year* ?

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:55:49 +0000, Andrew M A Cater
<amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> said:

> My concern is good advocacy - we know Debian is good, but a solid
> list of consultants doing Debian would help my case for getting
> Debian on the desktop rather than RH

	The list of consultants is present on the web page -- and this
 web page seems to meet your use case by itself. Could you elaborate
 how a list full of spam helps you further the cause?

> - good order and good repute.

	How is a mailing list with no on topic email helping the
 reputation any?

> Anything that boosts Debian and helps us be seen as a free,

	How does an empty mailing list help any? I would say that thje
 lack of usage of the mailing list demonstrates that very little gets
 discussed re consulting, and thus should be seen as a negative point.

> independent, impartial but major player in the Linux distribution
> wars will help us in the long run.

	And an empty mailing list helps how?

> Anything that shows that Debian is well supported is also a bonus.

	If I were to go by the last years archives, that would not be
 the case. Indeed, looking at the archives, we should be getting rid
 of this mailing list asap.

	manoj
--
It's not against any religion to want to dispose of a pigeon. Tom
Lehrer, "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park"