Snort - mysql configuration missing mysql.h header files

I am attempting to install snort with mysql/acid and can't seem to get past this missing file while configuring Snort with the MySql configuration..

I am using a hard-disk install of Knoppix 3.3 and have tried the apt-get installs for the software shopping list provided by Snort with no luck. I also tried removing all the packages already installed and then used the checkinstall to directly reinstall all the .gz files. I have 'googled-is-my-friend' and searched all the Debian archives for mysql.h and found several suggestion, but none of them worked. Snort, without the mysql configuration, as well as PHP, Apache, and MySql all seem to work fine as stand alone packages.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

:::Watkins:::

It?s our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months @$9.95/month. Get it now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup