Re: consulting rates

They're for real, but they are not working on projects that I know of.
They are really in their infancy as far as I can tell.  They have
strong ideaology, an ambitious agenda, and boundless optimism, which
usually makes for an interesting data point on the history graph.  Due
to the ambition of the thing, their organization needs a *lot* of
work, possibly more than the motivated few can accomplish in their
lifetimes.  I'm very sympathetic to their cause, but I have a problem
with some of the terminology they use to describe it.  They call it a
"philosophical war", which unforunately often translates into "real
war" at some point.  I can't imagine that anyone who is involved there
has any experience in that.  IMHO, they could use some advice from
very experienced businesspeople.

-Rich

Rich Bodo | rsb@ostel.com | 650-964-4678