Re: AYT? Support network, anyone up to?

"Jim Westveer" <jwest@netnw.com> writes:

> Sooo howabout:
>
> A web page for consultants to sign into.  I.E. fill out a form saying "I am
> on-call", and specifying for what length of time.
>
> The "customer" page could show the current status of who is currently "on
> call", by parsing the above logfile....or some-such.
>
> This would be easier than signing up for a "roster" x-time in advance, and
> always be up-to-date.

Initially, I think it would be just as easy to have a "schedule
coordinator", and have people send emails to that person.

That person could then just update the web pages for the next
week manually.

This could be automated of course.  There are some really neat free
"Schedule+" clones coming available (ical, aorta, kschedule?).  It
would be cool to be able to integrate one of those into a system.

We should do things manually to start with, if it's faster to get
going.

I'm keen to start this off next week.  I've got some clients that
wanted me to do some work for them (and I was too busy) - maybe I can
convince them to let me farm out some of the work.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim