Re: Need some input, please.

Why not a TCP/IP-based ethernet network with NT Servers and Win95/NT and Mac
clients?  The NT server can be a server for both types of clients - no
problems.

Oh, and, of course, they'll need a Debian Linux box for dial-on-demand
internet access as well...  :-)

I did a complete network just like this (albeit, no Mac clients  yet) for a
school late last year that included roughly 50 WinNT clients and a bunch of
other hardware (CDROM Servers, 5 laser/inkjet printers, etc.) for just
slightly more than $100K Canadian.

Remember, while I'm not an M$ proponent (so, don't crucify me for this
proposal.... <grin>...), they *do* provide extremely competitive pricing
(for commercial software, anyways) for educational institutions.

Also, I went with *all* WinNT Workstation on the clients - no Win95 - and
implemented all policies, etc. It's a rock-solid environment and they're
*extremely* happy with it.

Later,
Kevin Traas                    Baan Business Systems
Systems Analyst            Langley, BC, Canada
ktraas@baan-bbs.ca       (604) 882-8169
http://www.baan-bbs.ca