RFS: cl-launch (updated package)
- Subject: RFS: cl-launch (updated package)
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tobias Frost)
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 08:15:36 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] CAN7nBXcLZH=WuoRx9r8j_1+Kt93P=9j_OU6Zqq1Tq_M6uMq9Kg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <AANLkTik69m2sNDhLCuMKawDpYo5hJqLQaWoBuaXTsuZC@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXd3QO-BSUqMq7n9+ok2AF70UwM36Uc=wNyh6YMK9L4h2g@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXfuwzY0P=7AD6udLFbo8VUzUZfYdr_aiLjDAEuLEerfirstname.lastname@example.org> <CAN7nBXdUKycQy8tjfWpUuEL8k80NzZ+UKx7a_oU6eQPd3F4GLw@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXezMbt_wNR4iArdvm4pSVFV43+BS4bTx_4vOGkv297HFg@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXdh3PjxW+UVYrWziU-2H5h6sN_SHMAZuggxXqQ6fdKhzw@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXeuchhgkRZ2d7z_kaeymFFQX8sEafVC9THuFk9n3Vwf6g@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXeK-7PxkR17EDNVYiGpChKPaF4QogOSeCxDcs2ZNA-6xQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXc0OKDeFVwusSrieAed-UoVmXK5d2N-UaiMnQP6=wCzug@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXfbsjN33v1e3sZdNxUmnSRtoawJVuKA=A-1bP1FSQfPgw@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXcH05jxHz+Z8mdhV6JjLk6GO0FotLt2qbidQjmuzWc98A@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXcBGFPV-FrfUs8uGysY897iKyUvqaOs7LzF3pS6B7gNSw@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXe3U_v4RssWWb+wJgkXq98QN+4n+_usLtH-=PJHV3RK4Q@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAN7nBXdTqU1KfLjhUpp=gLNicdtDXdH7DXz8W6prF+CxAzQLOQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXfvrYrr3j9hiB2zqpc0H7v0RE_-p75YeQ8L3QWpma6CzQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAN7nBXdrRoJhfNMF=pORLtPFxn0GUQ7B+i=gS10QSGs5udefirstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] CAN7nBXcLZH=WuoRx9r8j_1+Kt93P=9j_OU6Zqq1Tq_M6uMq9Kg@mail.gmail.com>
Am Mittwoch, den 22.07.2015, 00:55 -0400 schrieb Far?:
> Dear Debian Mentors and Debian Lispers,
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 4.1.4-1
> of my package "cl-launch".
> It builds these binary packages:
> cl-launch - uniform frontend to running Common Lisp code from the
> The package appears to be lintian clean.
> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cl-launch
> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstabl
> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cl-launch/cl
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> Kind regards,
> ??? ? Fran?ois-Ren? ?VB Rideau ?Reflection&Cybernethics?
> Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy. ? Robert
Here's a review, but incomplete as I only have a few minutes.
(Maybe someone jumps in as well)
I see that your package has several DDs a uploaders. I'm wondering why
they don't upload it for you, if they co-maintain the package?
Did you file an RFS-Bug?
In d/changelog, there are many versions that where never in Debian,
also it reads more like an upstream changelog than an Debian changelog.
On the other side, changes to debian/* are not explained. (e.g the fact
and the resons why to update all the versions of the dependencies in
d/control). Refer to the Policy about d/changelog.
d/compat is 7, mind to upgrade the package to compat level 9?
d/cl-launch.1 The manpage says "generated with Ronn/v0.7.3".
If it is autogenerated, it needs to be done at build time.
You do not have a VCS-Browser tag
About your layout: It is not recommended to have the debian directory
in your master branch, as you cannot independently work on those.
Think of NMUs and how you would be able to integrate such changes in
your repository? (I suggest to put the debian packaging into its own
This is also the point where I point people to
https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide, if they are upstream and
maintainer at the same time.
d/rules could be transformed to short debhelper format.
(note: did not check alls details in d/copyright, so just a few things
I saw at first glance)
- The bugroff license text is missing.
- Copyright years are not up to date
Ok, have to go now.