RFP: ccl -- Clozure Common Lisp (formerly OpenMCL)
* Package name : ccl
Version : 1.3
Upstream Author : Clozure Associates (Gary Byers)
* URL or Web page : http://openmcl.clozure.com/
* License : LGPL with Lisp exception
Description : Clozure Common Lisp (formerly OpenMCL)
Ccl is a high-quality, native code implementation of Common Lisp,
derived from the non-GUI core of MCL. It has the following advantages
over the high-quality native-code Lisps already included in Debian, such
as CMUCL and SBCL:
- faster compiler;
- comprehensible source code and easy bootstrap;
- faster CLOS implementation;
- smaller image.
Its limitations are as follows:
- only works on PPC(64/32), AMD64 and x86 (SSE2 required);
- slightly slower on non-CLOS code.
I've been using CCL exclusively for a year now, and I'm very happy with
it. CCL includes ASDF, works fine with Slime, and should be trivial to
integrate within the Debian Common Lisp framework.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: not available