Re: Please educate me on the advantages and the utilities of a Debian Cloud image for us laptop users

Dear Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for your kind reply. We are quite familiar with Cloud
Computing and we have some of our work be accomplished by such
dedicated cloud services running, like gmail, OCR, Google Maps,  Drive,
spreadsheets, TTS, video streaming and other services provided over the web.

Really thank you for giving me a specific point to begin from and understand
the earlier-mentioned queer Debian document without any explanation
for the terminology used therein.

I am just thinking aloud without any intent to offend your
sensibilities. Perhaps you live in that part of the world that doesn't
know about Bharat, that was twisted to become India. We have been
invaded and tortured by the world's most hostile twin cults of the
arid lands for a 1000 years in pockets. We were the greatest nation in
the world in terms of GDP since antiquity, a land drenched by ample
sunlight and seasonal monsoons, and divided into small kingdoms, we
could easily be plundered (Will Durant, The Case For India). We were
already torn apart by savage hordes eager for 72 hoors in supposedly
their afterlife, so we couldn't resist the second invader that well.

The last invader tried their best to convert us and made us learn to
use English as our official language. So we have become quite adept in
adopting the language. We even dream in English in addition to
conversing in it like the native English do, without the heavy accent
accompanying.

One of their representatives, Charles Babington Macaulay, was
instrumental in creating us Brown Sahibs, who would be very distant
from their own native societies and have no qualms looting them and
sending the plunder to England (Rajiv Malhotra's Breaking India). They
kept their agents working here for them even after they'd left.

Thankfully we are emerging out of that negative colonised mindset and
we have the means to be a great nation once again.

Yes, English is a queer and pseudo-phonetic language, difficult to
pick up, unlike the much evolved Sanskrit, which is near-phonetic. But
English is definitely simpler and easier to use than the difficult to
remember complex Sanskrit combinatorics. So we have the best of the
both worlds.

It is just that the said Debian page wasn't written by a good writer,
and that created the confusion. Had I written it, would have written
it better.

But thank you for your kind inputs. Your email provided the fulcrum
for me to explore the document rationally. I have no intention to
offend you, but consider it my responsibility to inform.

Best wishes,
Rajib
Etc.