Re: Next team meeting: 2023-07-12 20:00 UTC

Hello,

I didn't send out notes from last month's meeting - it was right after the
release, and the team didn't really have much business.  But this month, we
have a cavalcade of administrative issues.

GCP billing migrations
======================

Andrew Jorgensen from Google has reminded us that we have some legacy
Google-owned billing accounts that they'd like us to stop using.  We discussed
two items:

1. The debian-infra project: this wasn't being used for anything and had no
resources.  It has been deleted.  We're confidant this won't affect anyone, but
please speak up if we are wrong.

2. Our others projects are hosted by the SPI org, and need to be migrated to
new billing accounts.  The process for doing this correctly is unclear.  Andrew
will work on getting process details from Google.  Once we have those details,
I'll work with SPI to get things changed over.

Azure Access control & billing
==============================

Bastian would like to further restrict access to the Azure storage account used
to upload Debian images.  The ideal plan is to migrate the work to a restricted
account owned by SPI.  Those accounts exist, but there are problem with the
billing.  Bastian has reached out to Microsoft to get help figuring out how to
move forward.

Disabling the remaining AWS local users
=======================================

Back in January, we announced that local IAM users in AWS would be deprecated
in favor of SSO [1].  Bastian is ready to proceed with disabling those
accounts.  If you use an IAM user to access AWS, please switch to SSO.

[1] - https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2023/01/msg00019.html

AWS MFA recovery phone numbers
==============================

We discussed some ideas for getting a phone number to use as an account
recovery contact for AWS accounts.  Bastian is reaching out to sipgate for info
on sponsored service.

Kernel support for new features in GCP

Andrew Jorgensen asked about how new GCP features could have support improved
in Debian.  We discussed some suggestions for how the Google devs working on
this could best drive that through the kernel and Debian processes.

Thanks again,
Ross