Re: Next team meeting: Jun 8 @20:00UTC

On 6/9/22 07:03, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
[...]
cloud-init updates needed in stable, oldstable

Bastian raised an issue from Azure that some bugs have been found in current
versions of cloud-init.  New releases for stable and oldstable need to be
prepared.  The plan is to:
- upload a new version to backports
- validate that it works as expected
- upload to stable

Once the uploads to backports are done, it'll be useful to have folks validate.

Thanks, see you next month,
Ross

Hi,

FYI, we've been working on this:
https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/pull/1490

and we would love to get this in the next version of cloud-init, especially if it can reach Stable. If so, then we can make a working rescue image for Debian.

Could we wait until upstream accepts the patch, maybe?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)