EC2 Classic resources in the legacy Debian AWS account (was: Re: Next team meeting: 2022-10-12 20:00 UTC)

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 10:21:40PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> ec2 classic in legacy account
> =============================
>
> We received a warning from AWS that the legacy account will be losing EC2
> classic, and there might be systems running that environment.  Noah took a
> quick look around and was unable to identify any relevant VMs.
>
> Also: the message was ambiguous, it may have meant that EC2 Classic had been
> gone for some time.  So if you have a very old AWS system that you're missing,
> this might be the cause of your issue.

Looked a little deeper.

The instance in question hosts collab.debian.net, apparently owned
Valessio Brito <valessio@gmail.com> but created by Antonio Terceiro
according to my email history (both CCed).

Per the AWS notifications in the service console, "You have until
January 27, 2023 to migrate your accounts to EC2-VPC or your resources
will be at risk of termination."  So we need to either find a new home
for collab.debian.net or retire it entirely.

We've actually previously been in touch with Antonio about the
ci.debian.net hosts, also running in the legacy account.  He's indicated
a willingness to move to a new account, but we've never provided the
resources.  Now would probably be a good time to do that.  There's not
quite as much urgency with these instances, though, because they're not
affected by the EC2 Classic retirement.

noah