plain VM images for arm64

I note on https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/ that we supply 'plain VM' images but only for x86.

a) can we add arm64 images please? If you need a native machine to run that on I can help.
b) What tools are we using to make those images?

Following on from 'b)', what is the favoured way to make a bootable
disk image, as opposed to a root filestem these days? I know we have
lots of tools (installer, FAI, debian-live, debootstrap, multistrap,
mmdebstrap, mkosi, debian-cloud-images, cdebootstrap, polystrap etc)
all with a particular focus.

I failed to find a wiki page listing (most of) these with an
explanation of which you want to use when, although I thought I'd seen
such a thing somewhere?

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Debian, Wookware, ARM