Re: plain VM images for arm64

On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 04:10:08PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> I note on https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/ that we supply 'plain VM' images but only for x86.
>
> a) can we add arm64 images please? If you need a native machine to run that on I can help.
> b) What tools are we using to make those images?

We use debian-cloud-images: https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/
It supports arm64 images.  I'm not sure why we don't build the nocloud
flavor automatically - perhaps no one has asked before?

Since you have hardware, it'd be great if you could test, but you'll
need to build an image.  Check the readme in the above repo for setup
instructions.  Then clone it, and you should be able to build with:
 make image_bullseye_nocloud_arm64

Ross