Re: managing Huawei accounts

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 6:09 AM Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi

> > > It will make it easier to have uninterupted access, esp as people in
> > > Debian are coming and going.  So if we want to use it for longer,
> > > definitely.
> > That's exactly the reason why I wanted to bring this up. I'm not sure
> > how long Huawei wants to sponsor, but I didn't Aron mention anything
> > about this stopping in the foreseeable future.
>
> After discussing this topic in the Cloud team meeting today, I decided
> to dig a bit.  I got blocked pretty soon, as Huawei does not want to
> sell their cloud stuff to people in most parts of the world.  The list
> of countries it wants to sell to consists of parts of Asia, Africa and
> South America.
>
> Notably, the list does not contain a single country of Europe, nor the
> USA or Canada.  However thats where the Debian trusted orgs are located
> in.
>
> I'll keep digging, what this really means.

I checked that they do have the mentioned contries including the US
and some EU contries. Just in case this is what I do:

1. Navigate to the English homepage at: https://www.huaweicloud.com/intl/en-us/
2. Click the "Register" button on the right top position, it then
redirects to the registration page at:
https://id5.cloud.huawei.com/UnifiedIDMPortal/portal/userRegister/regbyemail.html
3. On the registration page, click the "Country/Region" drop menu
4. The US and some EU countries are in the list.

Regards,
Aron