Re: managing Huawei accounts

Hi

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 09:49:11PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> > It will make it easier to have uninterupted access, esp as people in
> > Debian are coming and going.  So if we want to use it for longer,
> > definitely.
> That's exactly the reason why I wanted to bring this up. I'm not sure
> how long Huawei wants to sponsor, but I didn't Aron mention anything
> about this stopping in the foreseeable future.

After discussing this topic in the Cloud team meeting today, I decided
to dig a bit.  I got blocked pretty soon, as Huawei does not want to
sell their cloud stuff to people in most parts of the world.  The list
of countries it wants to sell to consists of parts of Asia, Africa and
South America.

Notably, the list does not contain a single country of Europe, nor the
USA or Canada.  However thats where the Debian trusted orgs are located
in.

I'll keep digging, what this really means.

Bastian

--
There are always alternatives.
		-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3