Re: Cloud team plans for cloud-hosted mirrors

Le Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 09:47:49PM -0800, Ross Vandegrift a écrit :

> The cloud team wants to make folks aware of a possible change to the cloud
> images.  The team plans to register a new domain, debian.cloud

Hi Ross and everybody,

I understand that using debian.cloud is the simplest way to go, but on
the other hand wouldn't it contribute to the confusion over what is an
"official" Debian product or source?

The simplest message we can give to our users is that if it is from
"debian.org", it is from us; if it is from "debian.net" there is at
least one DD involved, but no project-wide review, and if there is
"debian" elsewhere in the name, there is strictly no guarantee that it
is endorsed by us, and there is even the possibility that it is
predatory.

Have a nice week-end,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med