Re: updates to section about cloud images in www.debian.org/distrib

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 03:57:11PM +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> I think we need some updates for the section about cloud images in our
> "distrib" page (https://www.debian.org/distrib ), there are two
> specific links to Debian 10 OpenStack images and I guess it's better
> to include the corresponding Debian 11 ones, and/or maybe add other
> images, or maybe remove all of them and just link to the URL of
> cloud.debian.org you see better.

Yes, the directory structure for the cloud image downloads has changed.
If we want stable links to the latest OpenStack images from that page,
we should be linking to
https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/bullseye/latest/debian-11-generic-amd64.qcow2
and
https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/bullseye/latest/debian-11-generic-arm64.qcow2
for amd64 and arm64, respectively.

> The code is in https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/english/distrib/index.wml
>
> and the specific paragraph is:
>
>     <h2><a href="https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/";>Use a Debian cloud image</a></h2>
>     <ul>
>             can be used directly on your cloud provider, built by the Debian Cloud Team.
>         <ul class="quicklist downlist">
>           <li><a title="OpenStack image for 64-bit Intel and AMD Qcow2" href="https://cloud.debian.org/cdimage/openstack/current-10/debian-10-openstack-amd64.qcow2";>64-bit AMD/Intel OpenStack (Qcow2)</a></li>
>           <li><a title="OpenStack image for 64-bit ARM Qcow2" href="https://cloud.debian.org/cdimage/openstack/current-10/debian-10-openstack-arm64.qcow2";>64-bit ARM OpenStack (Qcow2)</a></li>
>         </ul>
>       </li>
>     </ul>
>
> If you can provide advice on how to update it, or a Merge Request to the English file, later we can update translations too.

I'll open a merge request to update the existing links.  If anybody else
is interested in a more complete rewrite of that section, please feel
free.  I think it would be good to expand the wording a little bit to
make it clear that we are the ones publishing to many of the common
providers...

noah