Re: Vagrant Images versioning change or Bullseye

Le 22/05/2020 à 03:29, Steve McIntyre a écrit :
> Emmanuel wrote:
>> Starting from Bullseye I plan to change the version scheme for Debian
>> Images in app.vagrant.com
>>
>> Up to know we have been using a scheme similar to Debian CD:
>> major.minor.build_id
>>
>> Since the minor number mostly makes send  for the production of CD
>> images, and I hope at some to move to Continuous Delivery, I will use
>> for stable images for bulleyes:
>>
>> major.build_date.build_id
>>
>> for instance
>>
>> 11.20230517.1
>>
>> and will not track anymore the debian-cd minor releases.
>
> Ummm. That's not *just* a minor release for debian-cd. The middle
> component is the stable point release.

Ack, my wording was wrong.
I will not track the point releases with this new scheme, but plan to do
monthly / bi monthly updates.

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer