Re: Follow-up on last IRC meeting (ie: 12 Aug 2020)

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:31:36AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Yes.  GPT got a copy of it's header at the beginning and the end.  You
>     > can expand the whole thing and the tools will relocate the header on the
>     > end correctly, but you can't shorten it.
> After shorten the image or partition, you can recover the backup of
> the GPT table from the main GPT for e.g. using gparted or gdisk.
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GPT_fdisk#Recover_GPT_header

Thanks - didn't know about gdisk before.  This will load the primary GPT
header, recreate the secondary at the end of the disk, and fix the PMBR:

/sbin/gdisk disk.raw <<EOF
EOF

The filesystem is still broken - somehow the partition ends up too short.  I
don't follow the calculations though.

Ross